Tinola Chicken Mami Recipe
Tinola Chicken Mami Recipe is a popular Filipino noodle dish made with fresh egg noodles ,Bonneless Chicken, Green Papaya and flavorful broth and topped with fried garlic bits, green onions and fish sauce ( patis )
- 1 lb. Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. fresh noodles
- 1 cup fresh malunggay leaves
- 3 thumbs ginger, julienne
- 3 boiled eggs
- ½ small green papaya, sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 8 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 5 cups water
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil 8 cups water in a cooking pot.
- Add the fresh Miki noodles when the water starts to boil. Let it stay for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the Miki noodles from the cooking pot, drain the water, and arrange the noodles in individual bowls.
- On a clean cooking pot, start to heat the oil. Add the garlic immediately while the oil is heating-up and let it brown while stirring. Continue to cook in medium heat until all the garlic pieces are medium brown. Remove the garlic from the pot. Set aside.
- Using the remaining cooking oil in the pot, saute onion and ginger. Add the ground black pepper. Cook until the onion is soft.
- Pour water. Let boil. Add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook in medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and put in a clean plate. Let it cool down. Shred the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the chicken cube and green papaya into the cooking pot. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the malunggay leaves and fish sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange the shredded chicken and egg on each bowl with noodles. Pour-in the soup with papaya and malunggay. Top with fried garlic.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!