Classic Tinolang Manok Recipe
Classic Tinolang Manok Recipe. This is a recipe for Classic Tinolang Manok . It is a healthy chicken soup dish .Classic Tinolang Manok is a popular Filipino Soup Dish made with Chicken,papaya, yellow union ,vegetable oil and fish sauce ( patis )
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup hot pepper leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece chayote or small unripe papaya, wedged
- 6 cups water
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 3 thumbs ginger, julienne
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger. Add the ground black pepper.
- When the onion starts to get soft, add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Pour the water. Let boil. Cover and then set the heat to low. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Scoop and discard the scums and oil on the soup.
- Add the Knorr chicken cube and chayote or papaya. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the malunggay and hot pepper leaves in the pot and pour the fish sauce in. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!