Chicken Pastel in a Cup Recipe
Chicken Pastel in a Cup Recipe. This is Recipe for Chicken pastel in cup. it is a yummy chicken dish . chicken pastel in cup is a popular filipino dish made with chicken, hotdog, mushroom, carrot,potato , butter, cheddar cheese , salt and black paper to taste
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 beef franks or hotdog, chopped
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, chopped
- 1 ½ medium carrot, chopped
- 1 ½ medium potato, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cup chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of loaf bread, dark edges removed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make the bread cups by flattening the bread slices. Do this by placing each slice on a clean flat surface. Use a rolling pin or a clean bottle to flatten the bread. Do this by rolling it over the bread slices. Arrange the flatten bread slices on a cupcake pan. Make sure to press it against the pan to form a cup shaped figure.
- Put the pan with bread slices in the oven. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove and let it cool. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sauté the mushroom, chicken, and hotdogs for 5 minutes
- Add potato and carrot and pour half of the chicken broth. Let boil. Cover and cook in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
- Sprinkle the flour all over the pot a tablespoon at a time. Stir and make sure that all ingredients are well blended.
- Add the chopped boiled eggs and remaining chicken broth. Stir and cook until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the chicken pastel and put it in the bread cups. Top with grated or shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!