Binakol Na Manok Recipe
Binakol na Manok Recipe. This is a recipe for binakol na manok. It is a healthy chicken soup dish that resembles tinola.Binakol Na manok is a popular Filipino Soup Dish made with Chicken, young cocpnut water, young coconut meat,potato, lemongrass with garnish scallions. Binakol na manok is a popular dish in Western Visayas, specifically in the province of Aklan
- 1½ lbs. chicken, sliced into serving pieces
- 4 cups young coconut water
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 1 cup hot pepper leaves
- 1 bunch lemongrass
- 1 large plum tomato, cubed
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 3 inch length pieces
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 thumbs ginger, crushed
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken, onion, tomato, ginger, and young coconut water in a pot. Turn on the heat. Let boil.
- Put the lemongrass in the pot. Cover. Cook in low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add the potato. Cover and then cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the scallions, hot pepper leaves, and young coconut meat. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!