Pasta with seafood and roasted butternut Squash
- 400 g ( 13 oz ) butternut squash peeled , deeseeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g ( 13 oz ) tripoline pasta
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded if like , adnd finely chopped
- 75 ml ( 3 fl oz ) dry white wine
- 500 g ( 1 lb) mussels , debearded and cleaned
- salt and pepper
- chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
Toss the butternut squash in 1 tablespoon of the oil in a roasting tin and season well.
place in a preheated oven 200 C ( 400 F ), Gas mark 6 , for 15 minutes .
turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
Meanwhile , cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions until al dente.
Heat the remaining oil in another large saucepan , add the onnion , garlic , anda chili and cook for couple of minutes until softened.
pour over the wineand bring to the boil.
reduce the heat and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes . add the mussels have opened. discard any that remain closed
drain th e pasta and return to the pan .stir in butternut squash and mussels with all the cooking juices. season well.
spoon into serving bowls and serve sprinkled with the corander.