I’m finally back to the cooking game after days of take-outs, dining out and deliveries.
So, instead of having Chinese Take-out, I decided to cook Chinese food instead.
- 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 pcs star anise
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in a pot. Let it boil until the chicken is tender.
2. Transfer chicken to a baking dish.
3. Add cornstartch. Mix. Let sauce thicken in a sauce pan.
4. Pour over chicken.
5. Bake in oven until brown, around 30 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!