Cherry Tomato and cod stir fry with bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 175 g (6 oz) rindless streaky bacon, chopped
- 250 g (8 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 375 g (12 oz) skinless cod, coley or haddock fillet, cut into cubes
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 150 g ( 5 oz ) feta cheese , crumbled
- warm crusty bread, to taste
- heat th oil in a large , heavy based pan frying pan and cook the spring
onions , garlic and bacon over a high heat , trirring frequently , for 2
-3 minutes until the onions are softened and the bacon is browned. add
the tomatoes and fish , reduce the heat and cock , stirring gently and
tossing occasionally so that the fish cubes stay intact as much as
possible , for 3 – 4 minutes until the fish is opaque and cooked through.
- scatter over the lemon rinda spinach leaves, cover and cook for 1 -2
minutes until the spinach has wilted, then gently fold the ingredient
together . scatter over the feta.
- serve piled on to warmed serving plates with warm crusty bread.