I saw this recipe on a flyer given by Del Monte Kitchenomics. It sounds yummy. A fusion of Filipino-Mexican-Western Cuisine. Now, who wouldn’t want to try that. Upon reading the recipe, I found that it uses regular daily ingredients that we would normally see in our cupboard and it is easy to make. Now that’s my kind of dish.
Here’s how I cooked it:
1. Saute GARLIC & ONIONS
2. Add 1/2 K (1 lb) GROUND BEEF
3. Add 1 C TOMATO SAUCE, PORK & BEANS, GREEN BELL PEPPERS (cut in small squares), CUBED CARROTS
4. Add HOT SAUCE & CHILI POWDER to desired taste and heat
5. Season to taste.
6. Set aside.
7. Mix together: 1 CAN CORN NIBLETS, 1 EGG, 1/2 C GRATED CHEESE,1/2 CUP MILK, 1/4 C BREAD CRUMBS.
8. In a baking dish, pour meat mixture. Top with corn mixture.
9. Bake @375F for 15 minutes.
10. Serve and Enjoy!
And since we have leftovers, I decided to make empanadas with this as fillings the next day. I will give you the recipe for my empanadas later.