Baked Stuffed Peppers
ground meat. Since I am unsure of what to cook for last night’s dinner, and since I find it a little difficult to think of what to cook with ground meat, I decided to look around for whatever ingredients I have, hoping that a recipe will pop to mind. Then I saw Bell Peppers – yellow, red and green capsicum. So without much thought, I opted for Baked Stuffed Peppers for dinner.
How I did it:
- Cut tops off peppers. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Wash peppers and cook in boiling salted water. (I added a little celery, carrot and onion to the water for added broth taste)
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Cook peppers for 5 minutes. Set aside.
* set aside water/broth
- Saute minced garlic and minced onion.
- Add meat. Cook.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked rice, minced celery and minced carrot.
- Add 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Add 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill peppers with cooked meat.
- Top with a dab of butter
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Arrange in a baking pan. Add the set-aside water/broth. Just enough to make fill the pan. (to avoid burning the bottom part of the pepper.)
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 C oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!