Pan-Fried Sirloin Steak with Creamed Mushroom Sauce Saw this recipe online and thought of giving it a try. So this was what’s for dinner tonight. Ingredients: Beef Sirloin Steak 1 tbps butter 1 minced onion 1 minced garlic 2 tbsp steak sauce Dash of Worcestershire […]
I’m finally back to the cooking game after days of take-outs, dining out and deliveries.
So, instead of having Chinese Take-out, I decided to cook Chinese food instead.
- 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 pcs star anise
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in a pot. Let it boil until the chicken is tender.
2. Transfer chicken to a baking dish.
3. Add cornstartch. Mix. Let sauce thicken in a sauce pan.
4. Pour over chicken.
5. Bake in oven until brown, around 30 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Burrito Since we have leftover roasted chicken from last night’s dinner, I decided to prepare Chicken Burrito for dinner, so I would not have to throw the chicken in the bin. So, this is what’s for dinner tonight. Ingredients: Left-over Roasted Chicken, shredded Tortilla […]
Easy Orange Chicken
I received this recipe online. I found it easy and simple so I tried it out. And true enough, it was easy, simple and delicious.
So here’s what’s for dinner tonight.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 chicken thighs
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place chicken thighs in a baking pan.
- Pour mixture over.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F or 175 C oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Honey Garlic Soy Chicken
Well, it has been a while since I last had the chance, or shall I say the strength, to whip something up for dinner. I was excited to cook again for it is a passion I do enjoy. So after seeing chicken drumsticks inside the freezer, honey garlic soy chicken is what’s for dinner tonight.
How I cooked it:
- Mix and prepare 2 bowls of the mixture:
- -1/4 cup honey
- -3 tbsp soy sauce
- -2 tbsp brown sugar
- -1 tbsp rice vinegar
- -4 cloves minced garlic
- minced ginger
- Using one of the bowl mixture, marinade 8 drumsticks for an hour.
- Coat chicken with flour. Deep fry on low heat Set aside.
* make sure heat is low so as not to burn the honey and sugar
- Simmer the remaining bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve and Enjoy!